The U.S. Labor Department recently unveiled an interactive Web site to help guide employers through the maze of federal health benefit laws.
The Health Benefit Advisor, available at www.dol.gov/elaws/ebsa/health, provides guidance on COBRA, HIPAA, the Mental Health Parity Act and other health-related laws.
The site is the latest in the Labor Department’s “E-Laws” series, which allows employers and employees to find compliance answers through a guided Q&A format.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Not to split hairs, you can't sell Harleys looking like that
- DLSE issues opinion letter on partial-day absences
- The legal risks of employee loitering: How 'Hanging around' can hang you out to dry
- Preserve flex, work/life benefits during tough economy