The U.S. Labor Department recently unveiled an interactive Web site to help guide employers through the maze of federal health benefit laws.
The Health Benefit Advisor, available at www.dol.gov/elaws/ebsa/health, provides guidance on COBRA, HIPAA, the Mental Health Parity Act and other health-related laws.
The site is the latest in the Labor Department’s “E-Laws” series, which allows employers and employees to find compliance answers through a guided Q&A format.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Gradual Return' program lets moms come back on their own schedule
- With flu season approaching, can we force employees to stay home from work?
- How to comply with state's new Mental Health Parity Law
- 5 mistakes to avoid when recognizing employees