The U.S. Labor Department recently unveiled an interactive Web site to help guide employers through the maze of federal health benefit laws.
The Health Benefit Advisor, available at www.dol.gov/elaws/ebsa/health, provides guidance on COBRA, HIPAA, the Mental Health Parity Act and other health-related laws.
The site is the latest in the Labor Department’s “E-Laws” series, which allows employers and employees to find compliance answers through a guided Q&A format.
- Asking to get fired in order to receive unemployment comp benefits
- Case studies in 'strategic praising': 6 steps to success
- Continuation health care coverage: What does California require beyond COBRA?
- Is your broker lazy? 5 questions to weed out slackers
- Independent contractor or employee? How to make the call