The U.S. Labor Department recently unveiled an interactive Web site to help guide employers through the maze of federal health benefit laws.
The Health Benefit Advisor, available at www.dol.gov/elaws/ebsa/health, provides guidance on COBRA, HIPAA, the Mental Health Parity Act and other health-related laws.
The site is the latest in the Labor Department’s “E-Laws” series, which allows employers and employees to find compliance answers through a guided Q&A format.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn managers: Don't mention FMLA during discussion about discharge
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Do you really need to offer that employee benefit?
- Purina's benefits cover employees' pets, too
- Opting out of workers' comp? You risk negligence lawsuit