About 8 in 10 employers plan to host an employee holiday party this year, about the same as last year, says an annual Challenger, Gray & Christmas survey of HR pros. The change? They’re spending more.
Thirty-two percent of employers plan to boost holiday party budgets this year, up from 23 percent last year. Only 6 percent of employers are cutting the party budget. The average party budget will increase 16 percent. Other facts: 60 percent plan to provide alcohol, up from 54 percent in 2005; and 66 percent will hold parties outside the office, up from 55 percent last year.
- Tell well-intentioned managers: You must route all ADA accommodation requests through HR
- Simplify Employee Self-Reviews: A 3-Question Template
- Discipline only after documenting work slippage
- Employee or supervisor? Classification affects union eligibility
- Can't you even say the word 'pregnant' anymore?