About 8 in 10 employers plan to host an employee holiday party this year, about the same as last year, says an annual Challenger, Gray & Christmas survey of HR pros. The change? They’re spending more.
Thirty-two percent of employers plan to boost holiday party budgets this year, up from 23 percent last year. Only 6 percent of employers are cutting the party budget. The average party budget will increase 16 percent. Other facts: 60 percent plan to provide alcohol, up from 54 percent in 2005; and 66 percent will hold parties outside the office, up from 55 percent last year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Post promotion opportunities to avoid needless litigation
- What are the COBRA rules applying to small businesses in Ohio?
- What can we tell co-workers about a new employee's sex change and transgender status?
- Is less business travel hurting business?