The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Standard working hours are from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some departments vary within that basic structure, and you will be advised by your supervisor if your hours vary from the norm. You are entitled to one hour for lunch. Any employee remaining after normal working hours must receive authorization from his/her department manager.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Invest more time and money in succession planning
- There's a big difference between 'unfair' and illegal
- Don't overlook fresh evidence that the employee you fired deserved to go
- Survive the 'perfect storm' by matching pay to performance