The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Standard working hours are from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some departments vary within that basic structure, and you will be advised by your supervisor if your hours vary from the norm. You are entitled to one hour for lunch. Any employee remaining after normal working hours must receive authorization from his/her department manager.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Protect yourself and your team from cyber-stalking
- Investigate even when employee complains belatedly
- Intoxicated and driving during working hours: How should our policy address this problem?
- Top 10: The basic rules every HR pro must follow