The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Standard working hours are from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some departments vary within that basic structure, and you will be advised by your supervisor if your hours vary from the norm. You are entitled to one hour for lunch. Any employee remaining after normal working hours must receive authorization from his/her department manager.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Dayton gets unlikely help from union when courts try to force settlement
- Beware personal liability for COBRA, FMLA, state bias law
- Your PC can double as a fax machine
- Motivating in a void: Prevent 'survivor syndrome' in yourself and your team