The following sample policies were excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
Sample Policy 1:
“XYZ offers flexible work arrangements as an alternative to a traditional work schedule. They provide you with options in the number of hours you work and where you work.
“You may request a flexible work arrangement when a traditional work schedule is not ideal for you. For example, you may need special hours to care for a child or other relative, to attend school or to meet other personal demands . . .
“Not every job is adaptable to a flexible work arrangement, so there is no assurance that an arrangement can be approved by your manager . . . An approved flexible work arrangement typically begins on a temporary basis to make sure that the arrangement is workable for you and for your area’s business. Your manager and...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- It's up to employers to prove they're acting in good faith
- PHRA and Title VII: No delays allowed when investigating sexual harassment
- FMLA leave-Takers aren't untouchable, but courts will look closely at timing
- Respond ASAP when disabled worker requests reasonable accommodation under FEHA