The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, Edit for your organization's purposes.
“XYZ employees are expected to wear appropriate business attire. Employees are expected to dress neatly and to exercise common sense in selecting clothing and footwear appropriate for a business environment. Hair should be neatly groomed and worn in a businesslike style.
“Women should wear suits, dresses, skirts with blouses or sweaters, or tailored slacks with professional blouses. Men should wear suits, sports coats or collared dress shirts with a tie and dress slacks.
“(register to read more)in XYZ offices may declare certain days to be Casual Dress Days, which provide employees an opportunity to dress more casually at the office. At headquarters, Casual Dress Day is the last Friday of every month. Employees should wear appropriate casual clothing...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 7 tips for supervising troublesome employees
- It's OK to discipline employees for stonewalling HR investigations
- Monday: The most dangerous day of the week at work
- Consulting firm's 'Full circle' program lets new moms put careers on hold for 5 years