HR Law 101: The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act of 1988 requires certain employers to give affected employees 60 days’ notice of an impending layoff or plant closing. Employers can be liable for back pay to employees for any portion of the 60-day notice period ...
- Employee late submitting FMLA certification? Don't just fire! Find out why
- The 'Scarlet M': State uses shame, fines to fight misclassification
- Warn bosses: Preconceived notions about disability can violate the ADA
- Log date you inform employee of termination
- Wrongful termination scores $329,000 for Sonoma State coach