The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2010. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Employees have access to one or more forms of electronic media and services (computers, e-mail, telephones, voice-mail, fax machines, external electronic bulletin boards, wire services, on-line services, the Internet and the World Wide Web).
“The company encourages the use of these media and associated services because information technology is our business, because they make communication more efficient and effective, and because they are valuable sources of information, e.g., about vendors, customers, new products and services. However, electronic media and services provided by the company are company property, and their purpose is to facilitate company business.
“With the rapidly changing nature of electronic media, this policy cannot lay do...(register to read more)
- Manager's Checkup: Help head off employee burnout
- Employees with special-needs kids get improved medical coverage
- Noncompete agreements for new and existing employees
- Take steps to ensure employees aren't exposed to porn at work
- Use encouraging, fair—and honest—appraisals when coaching newly promoted employees