A Brooklyn woman filed a sexual harassment claim, saying she faced a gauntlet of both verbal and physical sexual harassment in her first year working at a realty office.
The company owner’s response? First, he talked to the local newspaper (not smart) and, second, he defended his staff by saying, “Who would want to touch her? She’s an ugly girl anyway” (super not smart).
Now the owner faces a lawsuit, which could get really ugly.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/21013/worst-defense-award-shes-too-ugly-to-harass "
- Aggressively investigate harassment claims
- Courts give employers benefit of doubt: Not all 'unfair' treatment is discrimination
- Cal State Fresno settles coach's bias claim for $5.2 million
- Understand GINA's new prohibitions on misuse of genetic info
- It takes two to have an argument—suspend both when beefs get out of hand