Until recently, the E-Verify Self-Check online system—which allows job-seekers to check their own work eligibility prior to employers doing so—was available in only five states: AZ, CO, ID, MS and VA. Last month, the Department of Homeland Security made it available to people in 16 more states: CA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TX, UT and WA.
It’s also now available in Spanish. Find the Self-Check tool at www.uscis.gov/selfcheck.
- Push hiring managers to specify their applicant criteria
- Supreme Court Rules on the Admissibility of 'Me Too' Testimony in Discrimination Cases
- Former worker never should have been hired? You're not off the hook for discrimination
- Domestic-partner benefits: Don't fear cost, controversy
- Preventing identity theft: 6 steps to protect employees' data