Until recently, the E-Verify Self-Check online system—which allows job-seekers to check their own work eligibility prior to employers doing so—was available in only five states: AZ, CO, ID, MS and VA. Last month, the Department of Homeland Security made it available to people in 16 more states: CA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TX, UT and WA.
It’s also now available in Spanish. Find the Self-Check tool at www.uscis.gov/selfcheck.
- How should we go about developing written job descriptions?
- Dayton gets unlikely help from union when courts try to force settlement
- Leaving managers untrained is 'extraordinary mistake'
- 3 questions Amazon's CEO asks about every candidate
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers