Until recently, the E-Verify Self-Check online system—which allows job-seekers to check their own work eligibility prior to employers doing so—was available in only five states: AZ, CO, ID, MS and VA. Last month, the Department of Homeland Security made it available to people in 16 more states: CA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TX, UT and WA.
It’s also now available in Spanish. Find the Self-Check tool at www.uscis.gov/selfcheck.
- How to handle confidential information when onboarding new hires
- Build an impenetrable age-bias shield
- Who is the harasser? Supervisor or co-Worker status matters
- Interviewee raises sensitive issue: Is it still bias?
- Common sense prevails: Simply belonging to protected class doesn't justify bias lawsuit