Until recently, the E-Verify Self-Check online system—which allows job-seekers to check their own work eligibility prior to employers doing so—was available in only five states: AZ, CO, ID, MS and VA. Last month, the Department of Homeland Security made it available to people in 16 more states: CA, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TX, UT and WA.
It’s also now available in Spanish. Find the Self-Check tool at www.uscis.gov/selfcheck.
- USCIS says Form I-9 is valid after Aug. 31 expiration date
- What's the latest on the employment of immigrants in the Carolinas?
- Will we run into legal trouble if we commit to hiring only 'careful' workers?
- RÃ©sumÃ©-on-beer tactic brews up job for Canadian man
- Are 'testers' used to see if hiring laws are followed?