White Paper published by The HR Specialist, copyright 2009
Employer health insurance premiums have been rising at unsustainable levels in recent years. For that reason, HR professionals have turned to a variety of different tools to help them put out the inflation fires. At a recent Society for Human Resource(SHRM) conference, health care experts discussed many of the most popular cost-containment strategies being used today. Here's a list of the leading 37 strategies for employers to consider under seven different categories: Plan Design, Financing, Care Management, Vendor Management, Consumerism, Pharmacy and Retiree Benefits.
1. Move away from copayments, toward ‘coinsurance.' The insurer and the insured person share costs incurred after the deductible is met, according to a specific formula.
2. Tiered hospital coverage. Employees pay more to be treated at the best h...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Never let fired employee unfairly blame bias; be prepared to prove performance deficiencies
- What's 'Inappropriate' Touching at Work?
- NLRB settlement suggests employee Facebook posts are protected
- 4 discriminatory hiring practices will lure EEOC to your door