A sizable part of my time as an Investment Banker is spent researching company information online to locate the perfect match for an acquisition, joint venture or some other profitable corporate relationship. Increasingly I am using LinkedIn. As a new generation of business thinkers help this become a more effective tool for corporate development, I see a few common mistakes many CEO's are making that will leave them watching from on the sidelines while others take advantage of profitable business opportunities.
Just yesterday a CEO with a $45 million healthcare business called to tell me the acquisition we are
working on is the most important one they have done in the past 3 years. He's very fortunate because his LinkedIn profile has just 5 connections, I found him through his VP of sales’ profile.
The good news is that most CEO's could become much more effective on LinkedIn with just a couple changes.
To get in t...(register to read more)
- The Importance of Credit Score — One Client's $11,340 Lesson
- Warren Buffett Defends Moody's - Drifts Further from Economic Reality
- Bankruptcy, Business Loans & CIT: What's the Impact for Small Business?
- Fact & Fiction About “Earn Out" Provisions When Selling Your Business
- How Business Deals Will Find You on LinkedIn