I was skeptical when I saw the promos, but Mark Burnett has done a great good job mixing successful and silly business ideas with the drama necessary to make this program very interesting. In fact as a business owner, you should TiVo the entire series.
Episode #2 – Hard lessons from the shark tank
There were a lot of important lessons in this episode, but these three address the most common mistakes I encounter when talking with business owners in search of capital.
1 – You’ll never get the truth from family, friends or anyone who loves you. You’ll get the truth from money.
2 – Building a business can blind you to the best opportunities that are obvious to others
3 – Nobody cares how much you invested or what you did to get your business to this point, only what you have to offer going forward.
Spend 3 minutes with this video for a deeper analysis and share your thoughts from this episode
- It's No Longer Important What Customers Say About Your Product?
- Fortune Magazine, A Stimulus Check and The Beginning of The End...?
- Who are the 3 Biggest Enemies to a Dow Average 12,000
- When the Government Forces You to Give Away Your Most Profitable Employee
- Can I Learn Business Innovation from a Topless Dancer?