America's Got Talent is one of the top rated shows on TV this summer and I suspect a lot of people will tune in to see if he does win, but that's the wrong question.
Better Question: Why do you like him so much?
At some level, business revolves around working with people we like. Being likable is an important business asset. Knowing this, I'm trying to identify why I like this chicken catcher so much and why his performance was so moving.
Was it song choice?
His mannerisms and accent?
His presentation and clothing?
A lot of the acts on this show seem staged and contrived, but Kevin Skinner seemed authentic. Because of that, I want to learn and hear more, I wonder what is his thinking, what song he'll do next, if he'll advance to the next round?
He has my interest, affection and attention. In a crowded world, that is very valuable. I suspect AGT producers have already figured this out and fully expect he will reach the finals (remember, this is a business).
There is a valuable business lesson here, but I can put my finger on exactly why I like him so much, can you help…?
PS: He's a lock to reach the finals.
- 162 Reasons Why Nancy Pelosi Cannot Fix Health Care
- Who are the 3 Biggest Enemies to a Dow Average 12,000
- Is The Shark Tank TV Show the Summer's Best Entrepreneurial Education?
- When the Government Forces You to Give Away Your Most Profitable Employee
- Fortune Magazine, A Stimulus Check and The Beginning of The End...?