I'm not talking about quotas or objectives handed down to you by , because after all that's their goals, not yours! And what they've given you is probably less than what you're capable of achieving anyway.
If you haven't already done so, now's the time to document your goals and create your success plan for 2009.
Here are the reasons I believe you must set goals:
1. They force you to define your value system.
2. They force you to set priorities.
3. They identify a track for you to follow.
4. They help you manage your behavior.
5. They help you identify your strengths & weaknesses.
6. They improve your self-esteem.
7. They get you to focus your energy.
8. They motivate you.
9. They make you stretch.
10. And perhaps more than anything else, they will make you a winner.