Today’s mobile workforce is changing the concept of where work is done. Laptops, smartphones, tablets and Wi-Fi have changed all that. Social contact manager Gist analyzed some of the data on the mobile workforce and offers a glimpse of how today’s workforce is changing as people choose where, when and how they work:
- Mobile productivity: 3 out of 5 workers say they don’t need to be in the office anymore to be productive.
- Mobile working worldwide: 32% of employees globally now rely on more than one mobile device during the typical workday.
- Where mobile workers feel most productive: 46% in the office; 38% working from home.
- Enabling mobile productivity: 87% of IT managers say companies provide workers mobile phones and cover costs.
- Rise of mobile email: 76% of smartphone users access email on these devices while 30% of all mobile users access email on their phones.
- Tablet boom: A whopping 65% of mobile workers use a tablet, with 27% of mobile workers using a tablet for work. What do they spend their time doing? 35% send and receive email; 35% surf the Internet; 12% read publications and 7% watch video content.
- How mobile workers use smartphones: social media for work, information , web conferencing, note-taking and office suites.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/20601/technotes-the-mobile-workforce "