A case in point: a local political candidate ran a radio spot today.
In it, he asserted that every American has these inalienable rights:
1. A good job at a living wage.
2. Decent, affordable housing.
3. A good education.
4. Quality health care.
At first glance, this seems both admirable and hard to argue with.
But let’s go through them one at a time:
1. A good job at a decent wage — sounds good in theory. But are you going to force business owners to employ undesirable candidates at wages their skills and experience don’t justify just to make good on this promise.
2. Decent, affordable housing — does this mean the government provides free housing to those who can’t buy their own? If so, what’s my incentive to work and earn rent money?
3. A good education — I can’t argue here. I’m all for getting rid of the tenure system and holding teachers more accountable.
4. Quality health care — should we have socialized medicine that puts a cap on what doctors can earn? Being a medical doctor is so difficult and demanding, won’t more would-be doctors select a different profession if they can’t earn what they’re worth in medicine?
The candidate who paid for this radio spot is running as a liberal Democrat.
Does his 4-point ideology fit the bill of a liberal Democrat?
Or is it nothing more than a Socialist agenda?
Would you vote for him?
Or at the very least, rewrite his commercial?
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/20593/hidden-danger-in-political-advertising "