Are there younger senior citizens? Are there citizens who are not folks? Why not just say “senior citizens”?
This may seem a small point. But everyone today talks about how no one reads long copy or has time to read. Redundancies add needless words and waste the reader’s time.
A few more: armed gunman … living survivors … RAM memory … foreign imports … past history … stupid idiot … new innovation … consensus of opinion … add together.
Any others you can think of?
And does avoiding redundancies matter in writing? What’s your personal opinion? Oops, I mean, what’s your opinion?
- Where Will They See Your Commercial — TV or YouTube?
- Maximize Online Marketing ROI
- The 12 most common direct mail mistakes... and how to avoid them
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- 8 affordable ways to drive traffic to your Web site