But a study from the Council for Research Excellence concludes that “TV is still by far the most popular medium for all consumers, both young and old.”
The study found that the average consumer spends only 2 minutes a day watching free TV via the Internet.
But those same consumers are exposed to “roughly an hour a day of advertising and promotions” on regular TV.
Conclusion: the death of TV as an advertising medium, even with Tivo, is greatly exaggerated.
Source: The Talon Newsletter, 4/09, p. 3.
- Breaking into your prospect’s e-mail “inner circle”
- What’s More Important: Copy or Design?
- 2+2 = 5: The importance of the year-end advisors’ meeting
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- How to build your subscriber list rapidly and inexpensively using 'safelists'