“Engineers, who wear yellow badges, refer to marketing and salespeople as ‘white-badge puke,’” Terry explained. “Sales and marketing people, who wear white badges, refer to engineers as ‘yellow-badge a--holes.’” I soon learned two things:
- He wasn’t kidding. Employees used these terms every day.
- Although it was done primarily in fun, the name-calling had in fact originated logically from the sometimes adversarial relationship between those who made the product and those who sold it.
- Blockbuster’s deceptive advertising: Are direct marketers also guilty?
- 9 steps to protect your domain and trademark online
- Are You in Marketing Because You Can’t Sell?
- Breaking into your prospect’s e-mail “inner circle”
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online