“Engineers, who wear yellow badges, refer to marketing and salespeople as ‘white-badge puke,’” Terry explained. “Sales and marketing people, who wear white badges, refer to engineers as ‘yellow-badge a--holes.’” I soon learned two things:
- He wasn’t kidding. Employees used these terms every day.
- Although it was done primarily in fun, the name-calling had in fact originated logically from the sometimes adversarial relationship between those who made the product and those who sold it.
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- 50 lead-generating tips
- The 3 most important things I’ve learned about writing e-mail marketing copy
- Mailing the same piece twice: Should you or shouldn't you?
- Write, design and publish your own free e-zine