Poorly written manuals have plagued computer users for decades — probably since the first electronic computer, Eniac, was switched on in 1946. A clear, easy-to-follow manual can increase productivity, save money, speed acceptance, and increase usage of a new software product or computer system. Here are 10 guidelines for your manual writers to live by. These tenets will ensure that your organization’s manuals communicate the right message to users:
- Organize logically. The best way to organize most computer manuals is by user tasks rather than by machine functions. The distinction makes a world of difference to users. They’re much more concerned about how the product can help on their jobs than abou...(register to read more)
- Principal benefits of angel financing
- Ten ways to stretch your advertising budget
- Can we talk? Surveying your prospects and clients
- What works better in copywriting: jargon or plain English?
- The most amazing fact about fundraising can help make any direct mail promotion more successful — including yours!