“Testing has consistently proven a one-page letter with a compelling offer outperforms a glossy mailer [in business-to-business lead generation] by 100 percent,” says Liz Taylor of Liz Taylor Marketing.
And in a recent issue of his e-newsletter, copywriter Alan Sharpe says, “In business-to-business direct mail lead generation, letters invariably outpull self-mailers, including postcards.”
As a copywriter, I’ve always been prejudiced in favor of sales letters, because it’s my favorite form to write.
But obviously, a sales letter is not always better than a postcard or other self-mailer — and in recent years, I’ve come to love postcards for the results they can produce for marketers on a budget.
Consider subscripti...(register to read more)
- What bear hunting and the Daily News can teach you about writing more honest copy
- The 3 most important things I’ve learned about writing e-mail marketing copy
- Improving your listening skills
- Boost customer service without extra staff or technology
- The Easiest Marketing Job in the World … and the Hardest