“Testing has consistently proven a one-page letter with a compelling offer outperforms a glossy mailer [in business-to-business lead generation] by 100 percent,” says Liz Taylor of Liz Taylor Marketing.
And in a recent issue of his e-newsletter, copywriter Alan Sharpe says, “In business-to-business direct mail lead generation, letters invariably outpull self-mailers, including postcards.”
As a copywriter, I’ve always been prejudiced in favor of sales letters, because it’s my favorite form to write.
But obviously, a sales letter is not always better than a postcard or other self-mailer — and in recent years, I’ve come to love postcards for the results they can produce for marketers on a budget.
Consider subscripti...(register to read more)
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- Can we talk? Surveying your prospects and clients
- Ensure enduring viability with key employee retention plans
- B2B Prospects Prefer Print to Online
- The 12 most common direct mail mistakes... and how to avoid them