But in focusing on classic marketing books, I neglected the new crop of marketing books which, while not focused on direct marketing, contain important insights into consumer behavior and psychology.
Here are 11 of my favorite selections from the new crop of books on business persuasion:
- Godin, Seth, All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World (Portfolio, 2005), hardcover, 186 pages, $23.95.
Experienced direct marketers know that, executed by a talented copywriter, a sales letter that tells an engaging story can become a breakthrough control. Godin’s book spotlights the important of storytelling in marketing, and explain...(register to read more)
- Using direct mail to promote consulting services and professional practices
- Breaking into your prospectâ€™s e-mail â€śinner circleâ€ť
- Why direct marketers treat their customers right â€” and canâ€™t afford to do otherwise
- 23 tips for creating business-to-business mailings that work
- What makes business-to-business marketing different than consumer?