That’s a mistake, because tests have shown that varying the outer envelope can increase or depress response rates in an A/B split — even if the mailing inside is identical — by 25% to 100% or more.
Here are 9 important outer envelope factors to consider when putting together your next mailing:
- To tease or not to tease? We use outer envelope teasers because we think the strong teaser we have written will increase response. But there are times when a teaser — even one we think is strong — has the opposite effect and actually decreases response.
Some marketers argue that the purpose of the teaser is to get the recipient to open the outer envelope. But a blank envelope from a stranger gets opened every time: you want to know ...(register to read more)
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- 10 tips for increasing your sales
- The second-most powerful word in direct marketing: The magic of a dollar
- Why I don’t believe in 'SEO copywriting'
- 5 ways to capture e-mail addresses of landing page visitors