- How many steps are there in the buying process for this product? Where in this process does my mailing fit?
- What can I tell my prospect that will get him to take the next step in the buying process?
- Can I reduce selling costs by creating a mailing designed to produce a direct sale (a mail order) instead of any inquiry?
- How many leads do I want to generate? Do we want a large quantity of “soft” leads? Or are we better off getting a smaller number of more highly qualified leads?
- What happens if the mailing produces too many leads? Too few?
- Is there a geographic region that my sales force does not cover? How can I respond to inquiries from this region?
- What is the primary market for my product or service? (Which industry needs it most?)
- Are there any secondary markets for the product large enough ...(register to read more)
What should you know when planning a lead-generating direct mail program? Here are a few pointers to guide you in the right direction: