- “Traditional” marketing with its relatively larger budget and reliance on standard methodology and mainstream media, and
- “guerilla” marketing, which is reliant on non-traditional tactics, alternative media, and such tools as bartering and negotiating to cut costs to a minimum.
In offline direct marketing, “traditional” usually means sending either a solo direct mail package or a catalog to a house file or rented mailing lists. “Guerilla” direct marketing in the offline world, by comparison, can involve anything from a package insert and bill stuffer, to per inquiry advertising and late-night TV spots on cable.
In online marketing, traditional marketing usually means banner ads or e-mails sent to rented e-lists of opt-in names. Cost per thousand (CPM) for these opt-in lists is typically $150 to $400 per thousand.
“Guerilla” online marketing, by comparison, seeks to generate inq...(register to read more)
- What bear hunting and the Daily News can teach you about writing more honest copy
- How Would You Rate This Headline?
- 10 ways to improve your trade show direct mail
- How Critical is Your Mission Statement?
- The most amazing fact about fundraising can help make any direct mail promotion more successful — including yours!