“We get people who have college degrees,” said Manning, “and they can’t write an English sentence.”
Functional illiteracy is nothing new, but among advertising people? I was skeptical until I turned on the television that evening and heard a commercial describing a new television series as “the most unique show of the season.” This seems a strange claim to make, since unique means, “one of a kind” and it is therefore impossible for anything to be the most unique. Or very unique, or quite unique, or somewhat unique, or even, as one advertising executive used the phrase modestly,...(register to read more)
- 5 Steps to Greater Financial Security … AND a Better Life!
- Who Are You Writing for — Your Prospects or Google?
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- Where Professional Critics and Reviewers Still Matter
- Ten ways to stretch your advertising budget