My primary research method is to e-mail direct marketers I know who consistently achieve superior response rates and ask them how they do it. My secondary research is a careful study of the few dozen marketing and psychology books every direct marketer should read, to extract the one or two best gems from each (I’ll give you a quick round-up of the best of these in a future column or two).
Because I may never finish or publish The Persuasion Manifesto, but am getting such good stuff from my e-mail queries, I’m going to reprint some of the best persuasion techniques I’ve collected in this column. So here goes with the first installment:
- The “so what” test. After you write yo...(register to read more)
- Is exhibiting at trade shows a waste of time? Without a good ROI, yes.
- The motivating sequence
- Can we talk? Surveying your prospects and clients
- How to do virtually all the market research you will never need — quickly, easily, and for free — online
- It’s easy to manage your company with these easy tips