Mistake No. 1: Ignoring the most important factor in direct mail success.
Do you know what the most important part of your direct mail campaign is? It’s not the copy. It’s not the art work. It’s not even the format or when you mail. It is the mailing list.
A great mailing package, with superior copy and scintillating design, might pull double the response of a poorly conceived mailing. But the best list can pull a response 10 times more than the worst list for the identical mailing piece.
The most common direct-mail mistake is not spending enough time and effort up-front, when you select—and then test—the right lists.
Remember: In direct marketing, a mailing list is not just a way of reaching your market. It is the market.
The best list available to you is your “house” list—a list of customers and prospects who previously bought from you or respo...(register to read more)
- New Survey Reveals Social Networking is Too Time-Consuming
- How to write subject lines that get your e-mail opened and read
- Developing a 'business plan' to attract an angel investor
- The most amazing fact about fundraising can help make any direct mail promotion more successful — including yours!
- Experts share SEO copywriting secrets