More good news for small business – as the needs of the company changes, the existing business structure can be amended or a new business structure can be formed quickly, easily and affordably.
Below are useful descriptions of the most popular business structures to help you get started:
A general corporation, also known as a “C” corporation, is the most common corporate structure. A general corporation may have an unlimited number of stockholders. Consequently, it is usually chosen by those companies planning to have more than 30 stockholders or large public stock offerings.
Since a corporation is a separate legal entity, a stockholder's personal liability is usu...(register to read more)
- Focus on productivity in orientations, not paperwork
- Beware the legal risks of résumé-screening software
- State wrongful discharge suit fails without actual firing
- Employees on the winning side of a record percentage of EEOC complaints
- Employees can refuse to work due to safety fears, even at nonunion site