More good news for small business – as the needs of the company changes, the existing business structure can be amended or a new business structure can be formed quickly, easily and affordably.
Below are useful descriptions of the most popular business structures to help you get started:
A general corporation, also known as a “C” corporation, is the most common corporate structure. A general corporation may have an unlimited number of stockholders. Consequently, it is usually chosen by those companies planning to have more than 30 stockholders or large public stock offerings.
Since a corporation is a separate legal entity, a stockholder's personal liability is usu...(register to read more)
- Public employees may have right to run web site critical of employer
- MIOSHA appeal process: What to expect after receiving a citation
- Be on guard for often-Overlooked 'Associated with' claims
- 'Secret' consensual love affair with supervisor doesn't mean automatic employer liability
- Cell phone policies: Don't have one? Dial one up today