More good news for small business – as the needs of the company changes, the existing business structure can be amended or a new business structure can be formed quickly, easily and affordably.
Below are useful descriptions of the most popular business structures to help you get started:
A general corporation, also known as a “C” corporation, is the most common corporate structure. A general corporation may have an unlimited number of stockholders. Consequently, it is usually chosen by those companies planning to have more than 30 stockholders or large public stock offerings.
Since a corporation is a separate legal entity, a stockholder's personal liability is usu...(register to read more)
- When creating job descriptions, focus on 'essential functions' employees really perform
- Labor on the rise: Review your solicitation & distribution rules
- IRS issues tax guidance on ACA employer mandate delay
- Specify some offenses as dischargeable, and follow through
- Fire employee who has filed complaint … if you're prepared to address retaliation