Procter & Gamble has opened a new packaging customization facility at its Auburn, Maine, plant, which is hiring 60 employees with physical and developmental challenges, as well as disabled veterans.
The new FlexiCenter is a joint project of the maker of Pampers and Tide, the Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services and the Department of Health & Human Services.
The new hires will account for at least 30% of the facility’s workforce.
Companywide, P&G employs 7,000 individuals with various disabilities.
Contact: Jessica Hersh, (212) 468-3867.
- Have the supervisor or manager who did the hiring be the one to handle the firing
- Hazy excuses from the drug-screening trenches
- Hiring from the competition, how much should we ask about any noncompete agreements?
- Dunkin' Donuts sues own franchisees for hiring illegals
- Drug testing after a workplace accident