Procter & Gamble has opened a new packaging customization facility at its Auburn, Maine, plant, which is hiring 60 employees with physical and developmental challenges, as well as disabled veterans.
The new FlexiCenter is a joint project of the maker of Pampers and Tide, the Maine Bureau of Rehabilitation Services and the Department of Health & Human Services.
The new hires will account for at least 30% of the facility’s workforce.
Companywide, P&G employs 7,000 individuals with various disabilities.
Contact: Jessica Hersh, (212) 468-3867.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The price of a poorly worded want ad: a cool $1 million
- RIF or no RIF: 8 alternatives to consider before laying off staff
- Employment contracts in North Carolina: What you need to know
- 2011 salaries expected to remain the same -- Increase your income odds with 4 ongoing strategies