Just doing your job isn’t enough these days. (Workplace superstars have always known that.)
“With the reality of a tight employment market, adding value beyond your job description is a must for everybody,” says Keith Ferrazzi, author of Never Eat Alone.
In just 15 minutes every month, you can easily improve your Microsoft Office and mobile technology skills. Stay ahead of the tech game with Office Technology Today.
He recently offered a few tips on his blog for being indispensable in your workplace:
1. Ask seemingly stupid questions. “If you ask questions that are like no other, you get results that are unlike any that the world has seen,” Ferrazzi says.
2. Develop a niche. “Think of several areas where your company or department underperforms and choose to focus on the one area that is least attended to,” he says.
3. Know the new technology. “You don’t need to be a ‘techno geek,’” he says, but you do need to understand how technology could be used to help you add value.
In today’s competitive workplace, you must stay ahead of the latest office technology skills. If not, you could fall behind and never get the promotion you want. But here’s good news. You can review new tech trends and develop expert skills in the Microsoft Office programs you use every day! All it takes is 15 minutes a month and Office Technology Today
Ferrazzi says, “The great thing about this strategy is that you’re not only creating job security. You’re developing skills and expertise that will nourish your career, wherever you take it.”
Take Control of Your Own Training
If there’s one thing employees have learned from the recession, it is not to rely on the bosses to keep their skills sharp. Fortunately, there are many more ways to stretch your skills.
• Enroll in online webinars or self-directed classes. Many cater to the admin profession, such as those offered by Business Management Daily, publisher of Administrative Professional Today, and IAAP-hq.org. Others, like Knowledgewebb.net, can help build technical skills.
• Take the boot camp approach. Target a specific skill set you want to bolster, then enroll in certificate coursework at a local university.
Example: Cristina Planas was seven years into her career when she saw a need to sharpen her advanced writing skills. She tracked down a nondegree course at the University of Miami; her employer agreed to pay a portion of the tuition and let her leave work slightly early once a week.
• Not sure what skills you need? Do research using social-media tools. Sharlyn Lauby, president of ITM Group Inc., a training consultancy, suggests joining online groups and asking questions, such as, “What do you think are the three skills people are looking for in our field?”
FREE Office Tech ReportSqueeze every ounce of productivity out of your existing software. It’s easy once you get your hands on our FREE report, 77 Technology Tips to Boost Office Productivity, yours when you sign up for your 100% satisfaction-guaranteed subscription to Office Technology Today.
This innovative monthly advisory is designed for the busy office worker, like you, who wants to increase the practical use of your office’s software and technology. You’ll gain speed in using your current Microsoft Office programs, master your mobile technology, apply more targeted Google searches and stay ahead of every new technology change that affects your job. You’ll work faster and better every day.
Instead of being a slave to technology, you’ll master it in just 15 minutes a month! No more cursing your computer. No more Microsoft meltdowns. No more wasted hours. Instead, you’re confident, efficient and calm as you work. Don’t wait. Order Office Technology Today! Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed and your FREE report, 77 Technology Tips to Boost Office Productivity, is yours to keep with no obligation.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/20339/3-smart-ways-to-become-indispensable "