Can HR professionals really keep their certification up-to-date while commuting or walking the dog?
Falls Church, Va.— Many professions, including Human Resources, require continuing education to keep employees up-to-date on the latest workplace rules and rulings as well as the most effective HR strategies. The HR Certification Institute (HRCI) has determined that HR professionals can earn credits for time spent listening to recorded webcasts and audio conferences.
With audio recordings, professionals can work toward recertification at their convenience—from home, while commuting or, yes, even while walking the dog—via MP3 or CD player. (Although juggling the plastic bag and pooper-scooper could make it difficult to take notes!)
Business Management Daily and its sister publications The HR Specialist and HR Specialist: Employment Law have received HRCI approval to offer a wide range of interesting and informative audio conferences. Just released: Beyond Behavioral Interviewing: Ask the Right Questions & Evaluate the Answers Correctly. (Listen to a 90 second clip.) This new audio conference by Mel Kleiman—a leading authority on employee recruiting, selection and retention—offers critical insights on:
• The 5 most important questions to ask every applicant (especially if you don’t want canned answers)
• How to ask the tough question most interviewers don’t like to ask … and get the truth
• How to know if the candidate has given a “good” answer
• Why every candidate must be asked the same questions (Hint: “If you stop using the same yardstick, the yardstick doesn’t measure anything.”)
• The surprising reason why interviewers should not have the applicant’s résumé in front of them during the interview (and other surprising tips to improve job interviewing)
• How to “pull the thread” on a line of questioning with follow-up inquiries
• How to use tools instead of time … and the power of testing
• How to take bias and emotion out of the interviewing process
Kleiman, an energetic and popular speaker, has given more than 500 presentations and trained thousands of HR pros and supervisors. He’s the author of seven books, including the best-selling Hire Tough, Manage Easy, and is the onetime owner of three different businesses (including the largest group of Hertz Rent-A-Car franchise locations in the country). Kleiman’s expertise and creative insights give HR, as well as managers who conduct interviews, important information on how to select and retain quality people.
The above audio recording has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute. Established in 1976, HRCI is an internationally recognized certifying organization for the human resource profession.
Beyond Behavioral Interviewing is just one of many audio recordings offered by Business Management Daily for HR professionals and other business professionals in CD and MP3 format. For more offerings, click here.
For live webinars, click here:
What's next? See our schedule of upcoming live webinars
About Business Management Daily
Business Management Daily, a division of Capitol Information Group, has been providing sound news and advice since 1937, giving business professionals the news, skills and strategies they need to grow their business, avoid legal pitfalls and advance careers. Visit us at www.BusinessManagementDaily.com for webinars, online training resources, subscription newsletters, free reports, email updates.
Business Management Daily, a division of Capitol Information Group, is located at: 7600A Leesburg Pike, West Bldg - Suite 300, Falls Church, Va. 22043-2004; 703-905-8000
- Free resources celebrating Administrative Professionals Week will help admins take effective meeting minutes
- Free podcast will teach employers how to conduct effective performance reviews
- Now revealed: 8 steps to becoming the strong manager your employees need
- Business alert: How to make the transformation from admin to executive assistant
- Office Communication Toolkit: 4 do's and don'ts for setting employee deadlines