by Vic Dayal
A recession has a way of changing the way businesses do business. HR is no exception.
Here are three effective strategies for HR pros to consider as organizations permanently adopt the cost- and time-effective strategies they have embraced out of necessity over the past couple of years:
1. Do what you have always done—but do it better.
Your first step to achieving that: Turn your attention away from day-to-day details and toward strategy. Among the many things that demand an HR pro’s attention during a workday, only a few have true strategic value. Focus on them.
Step away from chores that are transactional. Outsource those functions or set up web-based systems so employees can self-serve. Make your day’s work all about the things that are important to the strategic direction of the organization.
Evaluate every compensation strategy and (register to read more)to determine whether those things reflect your strategy an...
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- GLBT group helps hotel chain with community outreach
- When in Japan ... mind your P's & Q's
- Want to retain employee threatening to quit? Think twice before over-promising
- The 6 kinds of terminations ... and how to avoid lawsuits for each one