To increase your chances of defeating a union drive while avoiding a National Labor Relations Act claim, heed these tips:
- Do describe the good features of working for your company, such as existing benefits, job security and steady work.
- Do explain union disadvantages, such as strikes, picket lines and union dues.
- Don't promise wage increases or other rewards for voting against the union.
- Don't threaten to take anything away for voting the union in.
- Don't prohibit union logos on clothing, except for established safety reasons.
- Don't prevent oral solicitation during breaks or before and after work.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/2018/fighting-union-elections-6-dos-and-donts "