To increase your chances of defeating a union drive while avoiding a National Labor Relations Act claim, heed these tips:
- Do describe the good features of working for your company, such as existing benefits, job security and steady work.
- Do explain union disadvantages, such as strikes, picket lines and union dues.
- Don't promise wage increases or other rewards for voting against the union.
- Don't threaten to take anything away for voting the union in.
- Don't prohibit union logos on clothing, except for established safety reasons.
- Don't prevent oral solicitation during breaks or before and after work.