A new CareerBuilder survey asked 2,800 employers which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion.
Top of the list: piercings (37%), followed by bad breath (34%), visible tattoos (31%), wrinkled clothes (31%), messy hair (29%), dressed too casually (28%) and too much perfume/cologne (26%).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Patient suicide raises staffing issues at St. Peter, Minn. facility
- Cancer: When do the ADA and FMLA apply?
- How to draft a bullet-proof employee handbook
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable