A new CareerBuilder survey asked 2,800 employers which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion.
Top of the list: piercings (37%), followed by bad breath (34%), visible tattoos (31%), wrinkled clothes (31%), messy hair (29%), dressed too casually (28%) and too much perfume/cologne (26%).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Allergic worker or boss's dog: Who needs to go?
- Crack down on association discrimination—especially if there are threats of violence
- Whistle-blowing test: Did employer break law?
- Make it one of HR's goals: Ensure everyone gets training on harassment