Florida worker confidence dipped 7.1 points in the last quarter, finishing in the Hudson Employment Index at 115.2. The index cited declines in hiring plans, waning job satisfaction and job security concerns as factors.
Only 35 percent of workers surveyed expect their companies to hire new employees. That's the lowest figure over the past year. Plus, job satisfaction fell from 76 percent in August to 73 percent in September. Job-loss concerns also rose two percentage points, to 18 percent.
Still, at 115.2, the Hudson Index remained two points higher than one year ago.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Handling new hires or promotions from within, document every step of interview process
- How to ID great time-management skills
- Don't reject convicted felons unless you have legitimate business reason
- When weighing soft skills, document decisions