The U.S. Labor Department launched a campaign to build awareness of its Employer Assistance & Recruiting Network (EARN), which matches skilled disabled employees with private-sector job openings. The site, www.earnworks.com, has been online since 2001 but has languished so far.
Employers can post jobs on the site by e-mailing job openings to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (866) 327-6669. Labor responds to job postings with what it describes as "well-screened, qualified job candidates." Employers pay no charge.
Labor hosts a similar effort, the Workforce Recruitment program, for undergraduates and recent college grads. Go to www.dol.gov/odep/programs/workforc.htm.
- Online job ads languish, signaling slow recovery
- Certain you had a good reason for firing? Don't agonize over decision--or fear a bias suit
- Harassment alert! Negligent hiring/supervision law applies
- What's our duty to accommodate a religious need we just learned about?
- Choosing a recruiter? Steer clear of these 4 deadly sins