1. A federal court recently ruled that Abercrombie & Fitch violated federal religious discrimination law by refusing to hire a woman because she:
a. Asked for Sundays off
b. Wore a hijab, or head scarf
c. Wore a necklace with a religious symbol
2. The federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects people age 40 or older from discrimination. The law also protects younger workers from “youth discrimination.”
b. False, but some states have such laws
3. This summer, which state was the first to require service-related employers to provide paid sick leave to their employees?
4. What are the top three personal attributes (in order) that would make an employee less appealing for a promotion, according to a CareerBuilder survey:
a. Visible tattoo, dressed too casually, bad breath
b. Dressed too casually, visible tattoo, messy workspace
c. Piercings, bad breath, visible tattoo
5. Employees say they are most distracted in the workplace by these three things (in order of most annoying):
a. Personnel (gossip, romances); Technology (emails, phone calls); Meetings
b. Surroundings (music, noise); Technology; Meetings
c. Technology; Personnel; Surroundings
6. In 2008, 26% of U.S. adults said they used social networking sites. What percentage use such sites today?
a. 47% b. 62% c. 81%
Source: 1. EEOC; 2. EEOC; 3. The HR Specialist; 4. CareerBuilder survey; 5. Workplace Options survey; 6. Pew Research Center survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. c 4. c 5. a 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/19869/the-hr-iq-test-september-11 "