Workers' compensation premiums are based on the frequency of a company's injury claims. So it's critical to avoid paying claims for accidents that are not covered, as well as investigate potential cases of fraud. Also, return-to-work questions arise in situations where workers' compensation interacts with the ADA and the.
FAQs about workers' compensation
1. Is an employee who violates a safety rule covered by workers' compensation?
Yes. Even if an employee is injured while violating a work rule, he/she is usually covered by workers' comp. Ignorance or bad judgment alone will not usually lead to a denial of benefits. Repeated violations of safety rules, however, may lead to a denial of benefits, if the employer is able to show that the employee had been disciplined in the past.2. Is an employee who injures him/herself at a company-sponsored picnic eligible for workers' compensation?
If attendance is mandato...(register to read more)
- New president, new Congress: 5 new employment laws could reshape HR
- Saigon Grill told delivery drivers to hit the road
- Turn to legal or immigration experts when facing wage-and-hour complexities
- Update your poster to reflect new minimum wage
- Look into workers' comp discounts offered through trade groups