Looking for ways to boost your recruiting efforts and retain the best talent? Take a cue from the eight New Jersey companies chosen for Working Mother magazine's list of the "100 Best Companies" for women to work.
Among the state's winners, Johnson & Johnson made the list for the 21st straight year. The others: Merck & Co., Novartis AG, Pearson PLC, Prudential Financial, Schering-Plough, Verizon Communications and Wyeth.
The magazine uses five criteria to rate employers: flexibility, leave time for new parents, child care, elder care and the number of women occupying top jobs. Check the requirements for next year's nomination at www.workingmother.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- UT-Austin study reveals academic gender gap in pay, promotions
- EEOC: Cleveland's Presrite was wrong not to hire women
- Tighten I-9 practices in advance of new legislation
- Tell managers never to show their cards before making hiring decision