To identify problems or opportunities worthy of people’s attention, ask these 7 questions:
1. If this issue were resolved, would the problem stay solved in the long run?
2. Who are the stakeholders?
3. Who can I bounce ideas off of?
4. What are the risks or stakes?
5. What are the directly observable data versus our assumptions and interpretations?
6. How am I reasoning through this?
7. What are the biggest questions here?
— Adapted from: Advancing the Organisation Program Workbook, Cambridge Leadership Group, www.cambridgeleadership.com.