Which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion? Well, if body art is high on your list, you’re not alone.
In a recent CareerBuilder study, hiring managers nationwide said bad breath, disheveled clothing, piercings and tattoos ranked highest among factors. Other turnoffs: messy hair, too much perfume or cologne and chewed fingernails.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Roskam seeks better tax credits as incentive to hire veterans
- Can we discipline an employee for his postings on a social networking site?
- Employee verification: Your line-by-line guide to I-9 changes
- How to write a legally safe job-offer letter