Which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion? Well, if body art is high on your list, you’re not alone.
In a recent CareerBuilder study, hiring managers nationwide said bad breath, disheveled clothing, piercings and tattoos ranked highest among factors. Other turnoffs: messy hair, too much perfume or cologne and chewed fingernails.
- Raise your skepticism level to smoke out resume lies
- If you use a job application kiosk, warn applicants that lying is a crime
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens
- Poll: 1 in 4 job-seekers has a beef with you
- Close skills gap with training, pay, planning