Which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion? Well, if body art is high on your list, you’re not alone.
In a recent CareerBuilder study, hiring managers nationwide said bad breath, disheveled clothing, piercings and tattoos ranked highest among factors. Other turnoffs: messy hair, too much perfume or cologne and chewed fingernails.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- Thought hiring a lawyer would cost too much, huh?
- Carefully track who applied for which positions