Which personal attributes would make an employee less appealing for a promotion? Well, if body art is high on your list, you’re not alone.
In a recent CareerBuilder study, hiring managers nationwide said bad breath, disheveled clothing, piercings and tattoos ranked highest among factors. Other turnoffs: messy hair, too much perfume or cologne and chewed fingernails.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Employee relocation: 5 ways to help your company survive the housing slump
- When hiring, don't overvalue interview skills
- Lawsuit-proof hiring tactic: Develop a policy to post all jobs--and follow it
- Second state bans bias against the unemployed