A general manager of a fast-food restaurant was pretty blunt with a female job applicant.
According to a lawsuit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the woman applied for a position at a Subway in Central Phoenix. Later, when she returned to check on the status of her application, he told her, “You’re pregnant. We can’t hire you.” The general manager admitted in sworn testimony that he had made that statement.
Talk about a clear violation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
- Supreme Court: Illegal workers aren't due back pay
- Unionized or not, beware of 'unfair labor practices'
- Retaliation alert! Beware timing when acting against worker who files EEOC complaint
- Ignoring discrimination policy may lead to punitive damages
- Scent or sensitivity? 'Bad smell' accommodation isn't automatic