A general manager of a fast-food restaurant was pretty blunt with a female job applicant.
According to a lawsuit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the woman applied for a position at a Subway in Central Phoenix. Later, when she returned to check on the status of her application, he told her, “You’re pregnant. We can’t hire you.” The general manager admitted in sworn testimony that he had made that statement.
Talk about a clear violation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
- City council goes after clerks, but catches lawsuits instead
- Help managers understand the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- In case of he-said/she-said harassment, can we make employees hand over text messages?
- Choose words carefully when challenging unemployment
- Don't shrug off complaints of female-on-male harassment