A general manager of a fast-food restaurant was pretty blunt with a female job applicant.
According to a lawsuit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the woman applied for a position at a Subway in Central Phoenix. Later, when she returned to check on the status of her application, he told her, “You’re pregnant. We can’t hire you.” The general manager admitted in sworn testimony that he had made that statement.
Talk about a clear violation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Township of Monroe will stand trial for racial discrimination
- When employee requests religious accommodation, be sure to consider all possible options
- Fired college coach, 88, files age-bias complaint
- St. Augustine florist sues over manager's wilting remarks