Think your managers and supervisors could use a refresher course on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Contact EEOC Pennsylvania, which offers free seminars at its regional offices.
The workshops cover tax incentives, community resources and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees. Their goal: to encourage businesses with 15 to 100 employees to hire the disabled and help individuals entering the work force to understand the ADA.
For details, contact the state's regional training coordinator, Edward McCaffrey, at (215) 440-2671 or Edward.Mccaffrey@eeoc.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- DOJ settles bias suit against Corpus Christi P.D.
- What's harassment? Courts will look at view of a 'reasonable person'--not the employee
- Back 'gut' decisions with objective criteria
- No simultaneous challenges in state and federal courts for workers' comp cases