Think your managers and supervisors could use a refresher course on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Contact EEOC Pennsylvania, which offers free seminars at its regional offices.
The workshops cover tax incentives, community resources and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees. Their goal: to encourage businesses with 15 to 100 employees to hire the disabled and help individuals entering the work force to understand the ADA.
For details, contact the state's regional training coordinator, Edward McCaffrey, at (215) 440-2671 or Edward.Mccaffrey@eeoc.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- New employee a dud? Give the early hook without heading to court
- Boss recommends firing minority worker? Check the record for hidden supervisor bias
- Have a progressive-discipline system? Great! But reserve right to fire immediately if necessary
- EEOC puts the bite on Burleson dental office