Think your managers and supervisors could use a refresher course on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Contact EEOC Pennsylvania, which offers free seminars at its regional offices.
The workshops cover tax incentives, community resources and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees. Their goal: to encourage businesses with 15 to 100 employees to hire the disabled and help individuals entering the work force to understand the ADA.
For details, contact the state's regional training coordinator, Edward McCaffrey, at (215) 440-2671 or Edward.Mccaffrey@eeoc.gov.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- J.C. Penney to pay $50,000 to end race discrimination case
- Make it there, make it anywhere: Don't let NYC's tough bias rules beat you
- Cincinnati gov't. contractor draws Uncle Sam's ire
- Don't fire employee because of family's high health costs