Think your managers and supervisors could use a refresher course on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Contact EEOC Pennsylvania, which offers free seminars at its regional offices.
The workshops cover tax incentives, community resources and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees. Their goal: to encourage businesses with 15 to 100 employees to hire the disabled and help individuals entering the work force to understand the ADA.
For details, contact the state's regional training coordinator, Edward McCaffrey, at (215) 440-2671 or Edward.Mccaffrey@eeoc.gov.
- Turnabout is fair play: Employers may be able to sue for frivolous lawsuits
- Rehabilitation Act applies to county court systems
- The power of PowerPoint, and a gentle letdown
- Prepare to justify answers with solid business reasons
- The key is consistency: Make sure similar infractions are subject to similar punishment