Think your managers and supervisors could use a refresher course on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act? Contact EEOC Pennsylvania, which offers free seminars at its regional offices.
The workshops cover tax incentives, community resources and the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees. Their goal: to encourage businesses with 15 to 100 employees to hire the disabled and help individuals entering the work force to understand the ADA.
For details, contact the state's regional training coordinator, Edward McCaffrey, at (215) 440-2671 or Edward.Mccaffrey@eeoc.gov.
- Employees must share duty in setting up accommodation
- Looking for a quick end to harassment case? Never urge the complaining employee to resign
- Use consistent approach, interview checklists in hiring process
- Your rules apply--even for employees preparing to sue
- Worker Doesn't Have to Say 'Harassment' to Make Complaint