experts, take note: The state will host its annual Occupational Safety and Health Conference on Oct. 16 & 17 at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center.
The event, created for labor and businesses, addresses workplace safety and health issues. Some topics on the agenda: world-class safety and health programs; mold and moisture; scaffolding and fall protection; uniform construction code; and psychiatric disorders and their effects on productivity.
The conference will include presentation of the Governor's Awards for Safety Excellence, given to Pennsylvania employers who've demonstrated their commitment to safety excellence. For details, go to www.pasafetyconference.org.
- Annual checkup: Your top 10 employment law to-do's in 2010
- Apply zero-tolerance policy on workplace violence across the board
- OK to fire and then investigate—But be consistent
- Showing restraint: Ensuring worker safety with workplace protective orders
- Workplace violence: Florida law opens liability beyond workers' comp