experts, take note: The state will host its annual Occupational Safety and Health Conference on Oct. 16 & 17 at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center.
The event, created for labor and businesses, addresses workplace safety and health issues. Some topics on the agenda: world-class safety and health programs; mold and moisture; scaffolding and fall protection; uniform construction code; and psychiatric disorders and their effects on productivity.
The conference will include presentation of the Governor's Awards for Safety Excellence, given to Pennsylvania employers who've demonstrated their commitment to safety excellence. For details, go to www.pasafetyconference.org.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Between honesty and discretion, what's the best approach to reference requests?
- Top 5 mistakes employers make and how to avoid them
- Good news: Discussion of discipline that doesn't name names is not defamation
- Workplace violence: Recognizing the threats, reducing the danger