The EEOC and Jameson Memorial Hospital settled a federal lawsuit that was originally filed last February. The New Castle hospital will pay $50,000 to an African-American radiology technician who claimed the hospital denied him training opportunities because of his race.
The hospital must also revise itsand policies to clarify that denying training opportunities may be discriminatory.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No employee right to use company e-Mail for union organizing
- Whistle-blowers protected for flagging shareholder fraud
- Before starting ADA accommodations process, ask basic question: Is this employee disabled?
- What managers need to know about age discrimination