The EEOC and Jameson Memorial Hospital settled a federal lawsuit that was originally filed last February. The New Castle hospital will pay $50,000 to an African-American radiology technician who claimed the hospital denied him training opportunities because of his race.
The hospital must also revise itsand policies to clarify that denying training opportunities may be discriminatory.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't worry about retaliation charge if all you did was ask worker to fill in
- Heed the legal limits of video monitoring in the workplace
- RIFs and age bias suits: Understand the power of statistics
- Think twice before piling on worker who's suing