The EEOC and Jameson Memorial Hospital settled a federal lawsuit that was originally filed last February. The New Castle hospital will pay $50,000 to an African-American radiology technician who claimed the hospital denied him training opportunities because of his race.
The hospital must also revise itsand policies to clarify that denying training opportunities may be discriminatory.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Co-worker violence blamed on psychological disability: Can we ask for a medical certification?
- Morgan Stanley wins in whistle-Blower firing case
- How to draft a social networking company policy
- 'Best Places to Work' firm says state wants it shut down