The EEOC and Jameson Memorial Hospital settled a federal lawsuit that was originally filed last February. The New Castle hospital will pay $50,000 to an African-American radiology technician who claimed the hospital denied him training opportunities because of his race.
The hospital must also revise itsand policies to clarify that denying training opportunities may be discriminatory.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employment contracts in North Carolina: What you need to know
- California's wage-and-hour laws apply to everyone--even foreign-owned corporations
- Commissioner denies former aide's sexual harassment charge
- Warn bosses: No negative comments on injuries