Houston-based trash-collection giant Wastedrew 739 military personnel and spouses in two hours during a virtual career day this summer—and it’s not over. The firm is experimenting with a “perpetual online career fair” that will stay “open” year-round in its effort to recruit active-duty personnel, veterans and military spouses.
During the online event’s first two hours, the company clocked 187 email exchanges, 286 chats and 180 content downloads. The fair is staffed and organized by Milicruit, which specializes in virtual career fairs.
Wes Reel, Waste Management’s director of disability and military recruiting outreach programs, says the firm hires a vet nearly every day of the year. Already, 12% of employees are veterans.
Contact: Kevin O’Brien of Milicruit, (215) 525-5776, ext. 101.
- Walking competition generates ROI of 10 times the cost
- Employee or independent contractor? Actual working conditions dictate classification
- Complying with the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Employment background screening firms: How to sort the best from the rest
- Springfield to pay officer $150,000 for ongoing discrimination