Houston-based trash-collection giant Wastedrew 739 military personnel and spouses in two hours during a virtual career day this summer—and it’s not over. The firm is experimenting with a “perpetual online career fair” that will stay “open” year-round in its effort to recruit active-duty personnel, veterans and military spouses.
During the online event’s first two hours, the company clocked 187 email exchanges, 286 chats and 180 content downloads. The fair is staffed and organized by Milicruit, which specializes in virtual career fairs.
Wes Reel, Waste Management’s director of disability and military recruiting outreach programs, says the firm hires a vet nearly every day of the year. Already, 12% of employees are veterans.
Contact: Kevin O’Brien of Milicruit, (215) 525-5776, ext. 101.
- Can we demand a drug test for an employee recently convicted of drug violations?
- Don't oversell job openings; you'll risk a fraud lawsuit
- How to Find the Perfect Fit
- Supreme Court expands time to sue over policies with disparate impact
- 'Kevin eats all the good cookies!'... and 12 other weirdest complaints to HR