Houston-based trash-collection giant Wastedrew 739 military personnel and spouses in two hours during a virtual career day this summer—and it’s not over. The firm is experimenting with a “perpetual online career fair” that will stay “open” year-round in its effort to recruit active-duty personnel, veterans and military spouses.
During the online event’s first two hours, the company clocked 187 email exchanges, 286 chats and 180 content downloads. The fair is staffed and organized by Milicruit, which specializes in virtual career fairs.
Wes Reel, Waste Management’s director of disability and military recruiting outreach programs, says the firm hires a vet nearly every day of the year. Already, 12% of employees are veterans.
Contact: Kevin O’Brien of Milicruit, (215) 525-5776, ext. 101.
- Hiring managers aren't doctors! Don't let them turn away disabled applicants
- Shopping for Employment Practices Liability Insurance: 6 Questions to Ask
- Escape IRS penalties with tax adviser's help
- Our applicant turns out to be a transgender—can we revoke the job offer?
- $12 million settlement ends Chicago's political-Bias suit