The Texas Workers' Compensation Commission recently adopted new rules to clarify the qualifications and functions of designated doctors and peer reviewers in the Texas workers' comp system.
The peer reviewer rules went into effect on Aug. 16, 2006. Peer reviewers are health care providers who, at the request of insurance carriers, perform administrative reviews of the health care provided in a workers' comp claim.
The designated doctor rules will take effect in January 2007. Designated doctors are assigned to the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation to recommend a resolution of a dispute regarding the medical condition of the injured worker.
To access the new rules, go to www.tdi.state.tx.us/wc/rules/adopted/adopted.html.
- Check your pay rates! Obvious male/female disparity is probably 'willful' discrimination
- What do workers want? Studies show staff/boss disconnect
- Know difference between employee, contractor
- Looking for work requires more than four hours a week
- May we legally restrict when employees can take small amounts of vacation time?