is the current flashpoint. The owners neither follow nor enforce the policies in it, and it needs a complete overhaul. I tell them constantly that if I am to protect them, we need a well-written and enforced handbook. They pay no attention at all. They look at me as if I am the bad guy.
I have been here only eight months. I spend lots of time putting out fires they personally start. I really feel I’m compromising my ethics by staying! What should I do? In this economy I cannot look for another job. Do I just stick it out until it starts to turn around—and then leave?—RS, Midwest
See responses below
- What's the most awkward conversation you've ever had to have with an employee?
- In a company full of slackers, how can we regain productivity?
- Who’s supposed to hand out payroll checks?
- How can we manage unauthorized long distance calls?
- What should we do when employees tinker with compressed work schedules?