Question: My CEO asked me to look into the feasibility of requiring employees to be 'tobacco-free' off the job as well as during working hours. He thinks we could save a lot on health insurance if none of our employees smoked. Has anybody done this ... or considered it? What issues do I need to consider before I make a recommendation on how we should proceed? -- Chris M., Ohio
- What to do when employee might jump ship—and take customers with her?
- Telling staff about co-worker's health issues
- How should we go about implementing a 'leave donation' program?
- What's your biggest HR headache? Cast your vote in our Final Four competition
- How should we go about choosing a background-check vendor?